Banner 14

(12th October 2008 - 25th October 2008)

I redesigned most of the banner for this one! I was originally going to have another Sarah Jane one, this time for The Day Of The Clown, but somehow, I decided not to. I was looking at the screen caps for the Series 4 campfire trailer, when I realised that they all had black edges and looked great! So I put these on, and chose the Ood one, as it shows a true monster of Doctor Who. Something that definitely defines the Who world from the real one. I could easily have chosen a Dalek, but they are so common now! It was a sort of rounding up the end of Series 4. I thought the picture of the Doctor looked white sinister, as if the Doctor is getting darker, and it looks great! Behind the logo is the Tardis in the vortex, which I have used before in banners 10 and 11. I put the contrast up, so the dark bits went black to blend in, and changed the whole colour! While the rest of the banner is a red-orange, this stands out perfectly with a purple, bluey and green one. Plus, to fit in with the banner, and also to make it look good, I changed the colour of the logo to a red, instead of the blue. With the original lines around the edges of it, it did not look right, so I increased the size slightly of the outlines, which makes it stand out more and look even better!

No comments: